Open Coil Sprung Mattress
Whilst the popularity of pocket sprung mattresses is rising, the open coil spring mattress, often referred to as a Bonnell spring, remains the most popular mattress choice due to their combination of comfort and affordability. Put simply, Bonnell translates to fewer springs present in the mattress. However, don’t be fooled into thinking that low spring count has anything to do with reduced comfort levels.
Open coil sprung mattresses traditionally feature interconnected springs which are topped with various comfort layer options to provide remarkable full-body support. An open coil mattress is a supportive unit featuring coiled high tensile steel, woven into hundreds of springs, fused together by a wire frame. The springs are available in various firmness tensions including soft, medium and firm as well as being made in all standard UK sizes.
An open coil sprung mattress is made using an open coil spring system. The coils work in tandem to evenly distribute your body weight across the mattress to prevent the build-up of pressure at any point in the body. Open coil mattresses have been in circulation for over a century in one form or another and continue to remain popular, paying homage to their quality and durability
One of the main reasons for the prolonged popularity of the coil sprung mattresses is the benefits they offer:
1. Supportive springs – Open coil springs distribute body weight evenly across the mattress and ease pressure where your body needs it most.
2. Orthopaedic properties – Due to the supportive nature of the spring system, it’s widely used in orthopaedic mattresses. These are mattresses designed to offer support and care for your back by alleviating pressure and promoting good posture during sleep.
3. Improve spinal health – Open coil sprung mattresses are highly supportive so their orthopaedic properties not only promote good posture but they correct spinal alignment, so you are more likely to wake up feeling refreshed, free from niggles and aching joints.
4. Lower pricing – Traditional sprung mattresses offer support and comfort without breaking the bank so they’re great value for money.
5. Lightweight nature – Open coil sprung mattresses are often slightly lighter than their pocket sprung counterparts, meaning you can conveniently flip and turn your mattress without adding unnecessary strain on your back.
You’re guaranteed a restful sleep with Bonnell springs. We advise selecting the fillings and comfort layers on offer carefully so that you have adequate support and the fillings are ones which support your body.
Browse through Amare Living’s superb range of open coil sprung mattresses now to choose the size and style that is right for you. If you require any additional assistance, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
As with all our mattresses, we have payment plan facilities available with Klarna should you wish to pay monthly.
Adam and the team
have been great...
The team have been great, I must highlight their service is something unique we had a small issue with the delivery but the team quickly resolved it, I will recommend Amare living to anyone, I promise you if I need beds in future I’ll be coming to you.
Thank you again.
I genuinely could not recommend this company anymore they go above and beyond with design and delivery with fantastic customer service making you feel at ease all the way through and providing fantastic quality beds.
Thank you for helping in a crisis moment and providing me with fantastic beds
High Quality, Affordable Bed with Quick Delivery...
Really pleased with our beautiful bed – it was delivered within 2 weeks of ordering (even over the Christmas period).
It looks exactly as pictured and is even better quality than imagined, considering the affordable price point. It was also really helpful being able to order free fabric samples before placing an order.